Are you interested in buying overseas property? Why buy property in Bulgaria? This web page will give you 5 reasons why you should be looking at Bulgaria as a place to invest in.
If you are looking for one of the hottest property areas abroad then Bulgaria might fit the bill. Bulgaria is a fast growing powerhouse in the European property investing market place. It is an area that is striving to maintain its Heritage and beauty while investing heavily in its future and infrastructure.
It is fast becoming a hot spot for owning a second home and for a few years now it has been a favoured spot for property investors. The interest in both of these areas of owning property in Bulgaria has greatly increased since Bulgaria has joined the EEC in January of 2007.
However before you take the plunge into investing your hard earned cash into the Bulgarian property market; it is best to understand in a bit more depth why it is potentially a good investment area.
Why Buy Property in Bulgaria
- Unlike some other Easter European countries, the Bulgarian government is politically stable and Bulgaria also has a favourably low crime rate in comparison to many other countries.
- Another reason why investors buy property in Bulgaria is that the Prices of property in Bulgaria still currently compare very favourably with the prices of others places in Europe and around the world. However, Bulgarian property investment has already been happening for some years now so you still need to be aware of the fact that prices in some areas might be over inflated and it is still best to check for price comparisons, just as you would if you were looking for UK investment property.Historically it hasn’t been unknown for there to be one price for a property for overseas investors (an inflated price) and one price for locals (a more realistic price). So you must do your own due diligence or have someone you trust do it for you.
- The location of Bulgaria itself is outstanding. It has a fantastic coast line and you benefit from clean, pure air, this is not something you can say about every investment opportunity. And as clean air and pure water becomes less prevalent in the World we live in, people might potentially pay a premium to be in an area like this.
One can only hope that the Bulgarian government see the importance of not over industrializing and making sure that many of these types of areas still exist in 25 years time.
- Bulgaria is only a couple of hours fight away from many other top European destinations. In Bulgaria you can find the best of both Worlds. It is fast becoming a key area to visit for both summer vacations as well as skiing holidays. Meaning you have tourist flocking there all year round.Bulgaria is becoming a key player in the European tourist market and is being seen as a suitable alternative to some of the other more established destinations in Europe. Hence, as it’s reputation increases you maybe able to take advantage of high rental prices for your investment property.
And if this is to be a second home or somewhere you live yourself occasionally then again you are quid’s in as the cost of living in Bulgaria compares very favourable to other places in Europe and around the Globe.
- Bulgarian has one of the best climates in Europe and as a location it is also difficult to beat on areas of outstanding beauty. That coupled with the fact it has it’s own beach and the ski resorts should mean that it is only touching the very beginning of its tourist potential and that the best is yet to come.Many tourists from the UK and USA still don’t have visiting an Eastern European country very high on their list of places to go. However this is sure to change as the rumours about how beautiful a place Bulgaria actually is, circulate more and more, not just amongst investors but amongst the general public as well.
Hopefully, the 5 reasons above have helped to answer the question – why buy property in Bulgaria?
Yet if you want to buy property in Bulgaria it isn’t always plain sailing, make sure you visit our Bulgarian property investment page for a balanced view on some of the pitfalls that may lay ahead of you if you don’t know what you are doing.**Nothing on this website should be confused with financial or legal advice. If you need this, or any other type of advice, please seek the help of a competent professional. In addition, because real estate laws change all the time and differ from state to state, and even city to city in the same state, everything in these pages should be considered general marketing advice and ideas. Please see link to full Disclaimer at the bottom of this page.