How to Submit a Guest Post
Thank you for your interest in submitting a guest post to our blog.
We are always interested in featuring guest posts from property experts.
Please read the whole of this page very carefully. If you fail to read and follow the instructions below, it is very unlikely your guest post will be accepted.
We do get a lot of requests to write guest posts for our blog. We are not able to use everything that is submitted to us. The only guest posts that we accept are ones that meet the criteria set out on this page and that also excel in the quality of information that they provide.
We may decline your post for a number of reasons. Some of these reasons include but are not limited to:
- You have not followed the guidelines set out on this page.
- We don’t think the quality of the post is high enough.
- Your post is not relevant enough to our main target audience.
- Because we have recently posted a number of posts on the same topic.
- Because we have had more posts submitted than we can use.
- Because your post covers information that is already covered fairly well on our blog.
We want to make things as clear and as easy as possible for you to write the correct content for our site. To that end, below you will find a list of guidelines that you need to follow to stand a chance of your submission being successful. But before we get into the guidelines let us give you an idea of…
What Sort of Topics to Write About
Let’s start off by saying that the primary focus of our blog website in general is property investing in the USA, UK and Europe; however, we do get thousands of visitors each month from outside of the UK, so although the majority of our posts are around making money from property in the UK, we are very open minded, and in-fact, we welcome posts about investing outside of the UK as well.
Okay, now we are on the same page take a look at the list below. This list is not exhaustive but it is fairly complete. If you want to write about something that you don’t see on the list, but that you feel is an ideal fit for our blog, then please feel free to contact us.
Here’s the list:
- Anything related to making money from property in the UK, USA, Europe or abroad (for example: lease options, property tax, property law, how to survey property, you get the idea…)
- Anything related to making money from property Abroad
- Other methods of making money. This might include things such as making money from stocks and shares, making money online, making money from franchises or any other form of making money that entrepreneurs reading our blog might find interesting. We must stress that we will not accept many of these kinds of, non property related, posts (perhaps only one a month or one every two months) so the ones that we do accept will need to be extraordinary and they will need to be written by someone who can clearly demonstrate their expertise in the field.
There you go.
That part was short and sweet(ish).
Now for the guidelines
Submissions that do not adhere to the guidelines below will not be considered and will immediately be disqualified.
To help you to stand the best chance of getting your guest post considered, below we have put together a few simple guidelines. If you follow these guidelines, coupled with rest of the advice on this page, you stand a significantly higher chance of getting your article featured as a guest post.
So please, please read the guidelines properly and make sure that you are clear on what we are looking for.
- A submission to us does not guarantee publication.
- The article/post you submit most be your own work, original and unique. What we mean by your own work is that you must own the copyright to it. We may use a combination of tools to check that the article is original and unique.
- We reserve the right to make any changes that We deem necessary to your article. (This will mainly consist of editing grammatical mistakes, formatting, headings etc). Okay, you might have noticed that our grammar isn’t great, so as long as it is at least as good as ours, you should be fine. We will notify you of any significant changes before publication.
- Articles should not contain any foul language, racial slurs or defamatory remarks/attacks on any individual/business or entity. If you want any chance of your article being accepted then please use your common sense on this one.
- No affiliate links or links to your own website can be included in the body of the article. Your signature (more about that down the page) is where you will add a link. You can include links to other websites, that help with the point you are trying to make, within the body of the article; however, we monitor this very closely and we will not accept articles where we think the links, within the body of the article, are not legitimately placed there to help the reader.
- Article Length: The article should be as long as it needs to be to convey your message (but realistically we are unlikely to publish anything under 500 words). It is the quality that counts not the length. So if you can write a phenomenal article in 550 words, that is fine, but if you need 2000 words in order to convey your message that is also fine. QUALITY, QUALITY, QUALITY, that is what we are looking for.
- You must include a signature/bio statement that is a maximum of 100 words long. This will appear below your article. You can include two links to your website in your signature (no affiliate links or redirects will be accepted). These links can be an anchor text links. This is where you sell yourself and convince people to click on the link to your website.
- If you submit any images they must be a maximum of 400 pixels wide and you must have rights to the photos. They must be royalty free with the permission to use and modify them if needed. You must also submit the full URL path to the image (more details about this below under “formatting”).
- You must submit all the information with the article. This includes all links, images, text inks etc that you want published with your post.
- Finally, you agree that you will make yourself available (for up to a week after the article goes live) to answer any comments about the article that people post. This again will add to your credibility and make it more likely that people will click your website link. We will generally give you at least a weeks notice to the article going live.
We prefer if you send us your post as a HTML document with all the relevant tags and links etc already in place. No CSS. The only HTML tags should be, paragraph, hyperlinks, img, bold/strong, italics and H1 (for main title) or H2 or H3 for sub titles/ section headings.
If you don’t know how to send it to us as a HTML document that you can submit it as either a Text or word document. However, since text and word documents will take more work on our part to format, if we receive a number of guest posts request, the ones that are in a HTML format will be read first, since they will require the least amount of work, to post, on our part. (If you have more than one document to submit or if you are including images/photo’s then we suggest you submit one zip file with everything in it.
If submitting in word or text format please make sure you include the full URL, in brackets, to any links. You will also need to include the full URL to any images. We prefer to upload any images you use to our own servers. So you are giving us the right to download the image and then upload it to our own servers.
We will not use your image for anything else but your post. However, if it is a publicly available image then please be aware that, by chance in the future we might choose to purchase or obtain the rights to the same image which we will then be able to use as we like.
The article you provide must not be reproduced anywhere else unless otherwise agreed between us via email or some other form of written communication.While you are more than welcome to write on exactly the same topic els where, you agree that the article you provide to us will be unique and will not appear elsewhere online.
However, you can use small snippets of the article (less than 200 words) to promote the article as long as you provide a link back to the main source of the article, which will be the post on our blog. We will probably be marketing/syndicating your article ourselves to help drive visitors to your article and hence (if your signature is compelling enough) visitors to your website.
If you really want your article to be considered then please don’t submit the same old tired content that is a dime a dozen, all over the Internet.
Submit something different – authentic, fresh, revealing, that is the type of thing we am looking for. Your personal experience and/or a specific case study of how the thing you are talking about has worked for you or someone you know, would be great. We are only interested in the best of the best articles that can really help our readers.
We are not interested in articles written purely to advertise your services or affiliate offers you promote.
Remember that we may be promoting/marketing/syndicating any articles that we publish. The better the article, the more chance that we will promote it to our mailing list and through various social media and other means.
We think we have spoken enough. You should have a very good idea of what we are looking for by now. If you still have any questions or concerns, then please feel free contact us.